What impact could you have growing the team and supporting the people at the centre of a marketing agency that builds culture with global brand?
This is an opportunity to help build a world-class team for an award winning creative agency with a game-changing approach to research, fan collaboration and insight.
This is the perfect role for an ambitious and talented HR administrator looking to step up to a midweight position. OR This is a role for an established HR manager or recruiter with a few years experience looking for an exciting new challenge.
We are the strategic sport and esports creative agency with a model that is unique in our industry.
Fan Intelligence® is Ear to the Ground’s global network of 11,000 influential tastemakers and fans. They empower us with real-time insight into what fans want, which we use to create compelling work at the cutting edge of culture.
2021 was our fifth consecutive year of growth, we have long term partnerships with PlayStation, Sony, New Balance, and Coca-Cola.
Ear to the Ground is a place where people grow, develop and thrive.
We are proudly independent, not part of a larger conglomerate. At our core, we understand the importance of culture in enabling you to do your best work. Progress is possible for everyone that joins us. We reward ambition, invest in talent, and encourage you to forge your own path.Our commitment to listening is felt by our own people too; this is an agency where every voice is heard. Supportive, collaborative, social, and inspiring.
You will benefit from our ‘Work From Anywhere’ policy and we encourage applications from candidates anywhere in the UK. Our HQ is in Manchester, which you should expect to travel to at least once a month for meetings and events; but otherwise you have the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
As HR & Hiring Manager you will be central to the people function within the business operations team bringing your experience within HR and recruitment to grow and support a world-class team.
- You’ll be the central contact for all recruitment at the agency, sourcing candidates, maintaining the recruitment pipeline and working with recruiters to bring in the best talent in the industry and showcase Ear to the Ground as an employer of choice. You’ll find brilliant people and use your ability to build brilliant relationships with them to support the growth of our teams.
- You’ll manage all day to day HR, and working closely with the Managing Partner People & Culture ensure Ear to the Ground continues to be a professional and brilliant place to work for all of the team.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Support departmental Hiring Managers with recruitment administration
- Draft, edit and update Job Descriptions
- Oversee job posting and liaise with publications / sites
- Ownership and day to day management of ATS database and proactively maintaining the recruitment pipeline including live jobs and candidate pools for future roles
- Source direct application candidates
- Screen and interview candidates
- Represent the agency well to all candidates and positively reflect our values and culture
- Day to day management of and liaison with recruiters
- Manage the applicant and candidate experience and improve it
- Maintain and update ETTG Careers site
- Recruitment admin
- Oversee all day to day management of internship and apprenticeship programmes
- Oversee and manage the company benefits package
- Maintain all HR records to ensure they are up to date and manage the HR management system
- Undertake all new hire administration including drafting contract, right to work checks, visa admin etc
- Oversee day to day HR compliance to ensure that we fulfil all of our obligations as employers
- Keep HR policies and handbooks up to date and legally compliant
- Support the performance management processes
- Holiday and absence management
- Manage onboarding process of new staff working with other key team members to provide a fantastic onboarding experience
- Support Ethnicity, Diversity & Inclusion initiatives across the agency
- Administration of employee engagement initiatives and staff socials
- First point of contact for both internal and external HR enquiries
- General HR research and administration
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 to 3 years experience leading on HR administration ideally with experience in a midweight level HR role
- Experience managing and leading a recruitment process in an organisation, and successfully recruiting candidates
- Experience finding and making successful contact with potential candidates
- Experience and confidence interviewing candidates
- Fantastic people skills and high emotional intelligence
- A solid understanding of HR compliance requirements and basic HR law and proven track record of ensuring this has been followed in a professional setting
- Good research skills and ability to problem solve so that you can proactively identify a way forward in new or complex HR situations
- Experience drafting employment contracts and formal HR correspondence
- Passion for the role, drive and proactivity to move your work forward and own the things you’re responsible for
- Highly trustworthy and able to act with discretion and integrity
- Really good listening skills and ability to hold a good conversation with a variety of people
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to spot mistakes and check work independently
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and remain calm under pressure
Non essential, helpful to have:
- An HR qualification
- An understanding of recruitment methodologies and ability to improve recruitment processes
- Agency experience
- Experience working with recruiters as partners
- Private Medical with Vitality & Medical Cash Plan
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & SPL Package
- Mental Health Support inc free counselling
- Personal Development Coach
- Work from Anywhere policy
To apply, click the link below