We're looking for a creative, experienced Mid-weight Designer needed for our growing team, working with global brands in sport and music.
We build brands that lead culture by understanding the future of sports, esports and gaming fandom.
Our entire agency process is built on real-time listening with the new breed of fan. We do this by collaborating with our global network of over 11,000 fans.
We call this Fan Intelligence®. You can learn more about Fan Intelligence® with a short film here. We pride ourselves on listening better than anyone and our purpose “To Make the World Listen” is fundamental in everything we do.
2021 was our fifth consecutive year of growth, we have long term partnerships with the likes of PlayStation, Sony Electronics, New Balance, and Coca-Cola.
We are dedicated to making Ear to the Ground an amazing place to work where people grow, develop and thrive. We pride ourselves on our dynamic and exciting culture, excellent support of staff and fantastic benefits package.
We have made it our mission to lead the way in being an inspiring, future-thinking, creative agency and are invested in our people because they are the ones that will make that happen.
To make the agency, our work and our clients look brilliant, by ensuring everything that Ear to the Ground designs and visually produces is of an outstanding standard.
We operate a flexible working policy HQ is in Manchester UK, and depending on your permanent location you’d be required to be in the Manchester office 2-3 days a week.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Assist on all agency graphic design
- Provide design and creative inspiration to the agency
- Mentor more junior Designers and creatives
- Manage and direct the conceptualisation and implementation of visual solutions to meet creative briefs for both internal and external projects.
- Play a lead role on design projects creating concepts, comps, and final artwork across print, digital and live workstreams
- Work closely with the Copywriter, Creative Strategist and wider Creative team to ensure your concepts work for the audience and the client – aligning to our Fan Intelligence proposition always
- Alongside the wider team, present your ideas / concepts / designs to the clients to sell in the concepts
- Attend cross-departmental creative meetings providing design / directional insight and inspiration for creative projects.
- Help to develop the careers of more junior designers or creatives, providing direction and management where needed.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure our pitch documents are designed to a high standard and sell our creative concepts well.
- Ensure Ear to the Ground’s marketing collateral is consistently designed to a high standard.
- Oversee print processes to ensure the best quality print output.
- Maintain and develop relationships with printers to ensure quality output at good prices.
- Maintain and develop relationships with freelance designers, visualisers, art directors and other creative suppliers.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in a creative agency
- Portfolio of cross channels marketing campaigns worked on
- Excellent ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and other design mediums
- Animation experience and good level of ability with After Effects
- Expert technical skills on Adobe suite
- Experience in both print and digital design
- Natural flare for creative communications and proven ability to develop concepts that drive results
- Ability to work with critique and feedback
- Keen eye for detail
- A good knowledge of print processes
- Comfortable presenting work both internally and externally
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Inspirational knowledge of art /culture / design / photography
- A keen interest in sports / gaming / music desired
- Private Medical Insurance & Medical Cash Plan - two different health plans to help you keep a healthy body and mind, and to access the help you need if you're not well.
- Personal Development Coach - book time, anytime with our external development coach to support you through your goals, or help you with challenges you may be facing.
- Work From Anywhere policy - find the patterns of working and places to work from that are best for you to help you work productively and effectively, as well as balance work with everything else in your life.
- Enhance Maternity, Paternity & SPL - packages that go above and beyond to support working parents.
- Mental Health Support inc free counselling - we want to support our teams' mental health and do so though; mental health support pathway, 24/7 employee support helpline, free counselling, Mental Health Ambassadors.
- Many more in our brilliant benefits package.
To apply, click the link below