At Anita Morris Associates we recruit talented individuals who want to make a difference as part of an award-winning team.
We’re looking for an experienced Account Executive to join our small, busy agency. You’ll work across a fantastic list of clients that are delivering exceptional projects, products and services that we are proud to be part of.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to bring clients’ brands engagingly to life in digital and social media, as part of integrated earned, owned and paid media campaigns. An excellent writer, with impeccable attention to detail and an eye for strong imagery, you’ll also have the analytical skills needed to monitor and evaluate campaign impact.
You’re curious about the world around us and excited by the changing media landscape. A keen learner, an attuned listener and a confident collaborator, you’ll help us to challenge our thinking in delivering effective communications for our clients.
We want to hear from you if you believe in forging lasting relationships, pursuing excellence and making a positive difference through communication.
The right candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role, either in-house or in an agency. This is not a graduate post.
We offer good training opportunities and a friendly, excellent, creative and busy working environment. Our office is based in Ilkley, with free parking; a 2-minute walk from the train station and bus stops. Largely office-based, you will be able to work from other locations at times, to make sure work balances with home.
- With an insatiable appetite for every kind of media, you will be results driven, with a track record of delivering effective communication campaigns.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a communications team or similar social media, digital, media relations role.
- You will be a confident communicator with good listening skills, someone who can engender trust with clients, colleagues and key contacts.
- You will have excellent writing skills, with experience of writing in a range of technical and creative styles.
- Good grammatical skills are essential.
- Visually literate, with the skills to create excellent digital photography and videography for use in social media; and to brief third party image creators, when required.
- Must have an understanding of delivering communications campaigns and be confident in taking a brief to the highest standard whilst working to deadlines.
- Flexibility of hours to suit the workload, some of which might require working at events at evenings/weekends.
- Is actively seeking to learn and develop, willing to share and mentor others within the agency where appropriate (interns or more junior staff).
- Planning earned and paid social media and targeted digital campaigns, using the most effective channels to communicate with multiple audiences.
- Researching, creating, curating and programming social media content.
- Produce social media content calendars with speed and accuracy.
- Engaging with audiences in social channels.
- Monitoring and evaluating digital, social and mainstream media campaigns; producing reports to inform clients and shape future strategy.
- Researching, producing and editing mainstream media materials, including pitches, media releases, briefing documents, Q&As, case studies etc.
- Securing approval of relevant clients and partners.
- Researching media lists and journalists’ working histories to support the planning of clients’ campaigns.
- Pitching angles and ideas to a diverse range of media contacts.
- Generating and managing mainstream media interest, across all channels, as appropriate.
- Monitoring and evaluating the success of mainstream media, social media and digital campaigns, accurately logging results, analysing data and providing insight to campaign development.
- Researching, producing and editing content for earned and owned media channels including websites, efliers, blogs, print and bought media channels.
- Project managing smaller client campaigns, from start to end, with the support of senior team members.
- To keep up to date with industry development trends in media and public relations and bring an informed perspective to the business.
- To maintain professional, happy and effective relationships with clients and other contacts.
- To attend client meetings.
- To attend training courses as appropriate.
Personal style, skills and behaviour
- Develops trust with an engaging, collaborative and inclusive way of working
- Communicates effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Naturally collaborative, works well within a team but also be able to work independently
- Display a keen interest in public relations and a good understanding of the media environment in which we work.
- Self-motivated and well organised.
- Able to work on multiple projects and demonstrate good time management skills.
We treat all our employees and applicants equally. We want to develop as diverse a workforce as possible for a small agency, knowing that diverse backgrounds are essential to our success. Applications from all people, whatever their background and whoever they are, are welcome.
To apply send a cover letter and CV to Anita Morris, Managing Director – email@example.com
Deadline: 12 noon Friday 18th February 2022 - Interviews: w/c 21st February 2022