Music in Mind Remote Limited (MIMR) is an exciting new start-up organisation, the trading arm of Manchester Camerata; a world class orchestra of 50 years, which aims to create music for change.
We partner with Manchester University and will build on the community work of Manchester Camerata’s Music in Mind project, using music to support people living with dementia and their carers.
MIMR has been funded until June 2024 from UK Research and Innovation and four boroughs within Greater Manchester to co-create Music Champion carer support programmes with our partners, enabling carers to use music to help in the care of people living with dementia. This includes training paid and voluntary carers to run music-making sessions, creating a digital platform with resources for Music Champions and building an online community of support, where carers can share their ideas and experiences.
Project Coordinator provides a comprehensive administrative support function to the Chief Executive Officer and Project Manager. Acting as the primary point of contact for all internal and external matters.
The Project Coordinator also serves as a liaison to the Board in the scheduling of the Board meetings, and provides Board support in the minuting of meetings and sending agendas and papers ahead of meetings.
Overseeing the financial procedures and general accounting systems and financial admin alongside the accountant to assist in providing information for the monthly reports and forecasts.
Music in Mind Remote Ltd works flexibly, offering hybrid working from both home and office as well as flexible hours of work to be agreed with your line manager. There also flexibility for part time working/salary pro rata. This is a 15-month fixed term contract March 2023 – June 2024
Executive support to Chief Executive Officer & Project Manager
Fielding correspondence; arranging travel plans, preparing agendas for meetings, taking minutes, compiling documents and presentations; completing expense reports and ensuring a smooth day to day running of the project team affairs.
Work with the Project Manager to ensure the work plan is delivered to the highest standard and complies with the project funding. This will involve routine monitoring, organising and participating in stakeholder meetings and ensuring that project deadlines are met.
Board support and Governance
- Work closely with the Project Manager to provide a smooth-running office in relation to all governance matters, namely board scheduling, logistics of meetings, agendas, minutes and board and committee correspondence and documentation.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Board to coordinate Board and Sub Committee meetings on an annual and ongoing basis, overseeing dates, attendance, venues and refreshments.
- Work closely with the team, to prepare and circulate agendas and papers for all Board and Sub Committee meetings.
Administration of the Project Managers office
- Work in tandem with the Project Manager to ensure a smooth-running of the office.
- Coordinate regular communications between colleagues in support roles to ensure effective holiday and sickness cover and alignment of duties.
- Oversee facilitation of meetings including booking rooms, venues and equipment, providing refreshments, greeting guests, and taking notes and to complete any follow up work associated with the meetings.
- To maintain all document management systems on OneDrive for the Office.
- Accountable for ensuring financial accounts are completed correctly
- Report regularly on progress to the Project Manager
- Support the development of project strategies
- Ensure programme operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Provide administrative support across programmes as needed.
- To administer the annual leave system to reports to the CEO for approvals.
- Assist the Project Manager in recruitment of Music Champions. Support the managing of the database and delivery of communications campaign to Music Champions.
- Maintain records of personal details and DBS certificates for all volunteers and Music
- Champions involved with the project in line with GDPR and Safeguarding.
- Assist Project Manager in delivery of marketing campaigns throughout the project.
- Assist Project Manager in co-ordinating update of training ‘tool kit’ and online resources for Music Champions.
Administration of the Financial procedures and bookkeeping
- To develop an understanding of the priorities of the Finance Lead in order to effectively manage, plan and coordinate the financial management and basic bookkeeping.
- You will be responsible for ensuring financial controls are in place and financial returns from providers are submitted in time along with monitoring delivery and engagement.
- Managing the day to day financial management of the project, raising purchase orders, updating the purchase ledger, creating new suppliers and handling invoices. To process invoices, purchase orders and expense claims timesheets as appropriate
Skills and experience
- Experience of maintaining financial management systems
- Track record of providing a high standard of executive assistance at Director level including managing multiple diaries and inboxes.
- An understanding of the need to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities.
- Experience of working in a project management team
- Outstanding organisational, collaborative and administrative skills.
- Outstanding IT skills, including experience in a role which required a high level of IT literacy.
- Highly effective at multi-tasking, responding promptly and collaborating efficiently with team members.
- Discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to prioritise and take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and professional manner.
- Committed to promoting equality and diversity in all aspects of your work
- Familiarity with Wordpress or other web based packages a plus as there may be some administrative tasks in relation to maintaining the website and newsletters and marketing materials.
- Understanding of the not for profit sector
- Experience of monitoring funded projects
- Interest in and understanding of the Support Services and Care world and a commitment to the work we do in relation to these industries.
How to apply
Please send your CV (including referees) and a supporting statement of why you want this role and what you can offer to Jill Taylor Project Manager: JillTaylor@musicinmindremote.com
NOAGENCIES - thank you