What difference could you make to the biggest global brands in sport at the agency that listens better than anyone?
This is a chance to influence culture-defining brands, with our game-changing approach to research, fan collaboration and insight, and our award-winning team behind you. You will be a vital part of Ear to the Ground’s continued growth, leading and growing accounts while delivering world class campaigns.
This is the perfect role for an ambitious Account Director with some experience at AD level wanting to continue their development and a new challenge.
We are the strategic sport and esports creative agency with a model that is unique in our industry. Fan Intelligence® is Ear to the Ground’s global network of 11,000 influential tastemakers and fans. They empower us with real-time insight into what fans want, which we use to create compelling work at the cutting edge of culture.
As the agency that listens better than anyone, we leverage the intelligence of fanbases to solve our clients problems, make the most of their sport and entertainment sponsorships, and ultimately build brands that lead culture. 2021 was our fifth consecutive year of growth, we have long term partnerships with PlayStation, Sony, New Balance, and Coca-Cola.
Ear to the Ground is a place where people grow, develop and thrive. We are proudly independent, not part of a larger conglomerate. At our core, we understand the importance of culture in enabling you to do your best work. Progress is possible for everyone that joins us. We reward ambition, invest in talent, and encourage you to forge your own path.
Our commitment to listening is felt by our own people too; this is an agency where every voice is heard. Supportive, collaborative, social, and inspiring, 100% of the team agree that Ear to the Ground is a fantastic place to work.
You will benefit from our ‘Work From Anywhere’ policy and we encourage applications from candidates anywhere in the UK. Our HQ is in Manchester, which you should expect to travel to at least once a month for meetings and events; but otherwise you have the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
As Account Director you’ll be the trusted advisor to the Client on behalf of the agency.
- You’ll be the key client point of contact, representing the client’s views to the wider agency in the delivery of projects in order to deliver brilliant and effective campaign.
- You’ll have overall responsibility for the management of client campaigns in order to maximise their performance for both the client and the agency.
- You will lead the growth of our relationship and remit our clients.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
As an Account Director you will take on the following responsibilities:
- Own the client relationship and take responsibility for overall client success and satisfaction
- Lead your team to ensure that all key project documents and updates are delivered to the Client on time and to the required standard, following our agency process
- Work with all other internal teams to provide flawless delivery of campaigns whilst ensuring that the project and account hit the client’s and the company’s KPI’s
- Proactively identify new opportunities and areas of growth within designated clients
- Management and development of junior staff members including designated Account Manager
- Ensure clear, high quality internal briefs are provided for all internal departments so that teams can manage and deliver an excellent creative response that will be effective for the client
- Take responsibility for the financial reporting of designated accounts.
- Work with all other departments to develop and maintain clear accurate budgets as well as their administration in finance software, to ensure efficiencies and maximum commercial performance
- Own account growth plans for each account and demonstrate how you will help develop each account
- Lead and coordinate pitch presentations and material/collateral with the relevant departments and staff
- Alongside agency colleagues, present creative responses, strategy and insight ideas and concepts to the client
- Work with relevant internal departments to monitor the effectiveness of projects and campaigns developing and contributing to the project evaluation.
Skills & Experience
- A passion for football
- 5 years in agency brand communications
- Experience working as a successful Account Director
- Strong Client Servicing experience
- Ability to spot opportunities
- A track record of developing and growing accounts
- A track record of developing client leads, pitches and presentation
- Results focused
- Ability to lead pitches and presentations
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and 'people skills', for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- Good experience of leading and motivating a team
- Keen eye for detail
- A creative approach to every project and opportunity
- Great presentation and pitching skills
- Understanding of the importance of research and insight in creative
- Good business sense and the ability to work to budgets
- Understanding on how to deliver joined up campaigns
- A love of contemporary culture, sport or gaming
- You to personally align with our company values
- Private Medical with Vitality & Medical Cash Plan
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & SPL Package
- Mental Health Support inc free counselling
- Personal Development Coach
- Work from Anywhere policy
To apply, click the link below