This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced sales professional with a passion for people and building relationships to join a very talented team.
Experience in the HE market is essential for this role, as a key remit of the role will be to keep abreast of the latest trends and insights from the sector to inform RV strategic decisions, product development and RV content across our marketing channels.
Our intention is for this job advert to run until Monday 16th January 2023 and we have dedicated dates for interviews/assessments towards the end of January 2023. However, we encourage applicants to apply for this role at their earliest convenience as we may be able to facilitate earlier interview/assessment dates, and, if we find the right candidate, we may bring this job advert to a close earlier than the stated application deadline.
Comment from Founder and CEO Tom Greveson:
“You will be joining RV at an incredibly exciting time. We launched our market leading Personalised Virtual Experience Platform – Vepple in 2021, capitalising on extensive research and over 15 years of experience delivering virtual experiences to the Higher Education (HE) sector. I’m pleased to say that we already have numerous clients under contract and the platform has already received rave reviews. Clients are beginning to experience the power of Vepple as a recruitment and conversion tool. The user engagement levels are incredibly positive and the resultant data we are collecting will help us to demonstrate a very strong Return On Investment (ROI) for our clients. If you are passionate about Higher Education and want to help us achieve our mission, then please do apply!”
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have at least 5 years experience in a sales role, ideally in the HE sector or within a SaSS business and in fulfilling each of the job remits below. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Sales: Full accountability for sales with our HE clients. From drawing upon your experience to enhance and improve our sales process to setting and ultimately achieving sales, revenue and contribution targets
- Client Relationships: Responsibility for nurturing and growing key client relationships, creating RV fans and strong commercial gains across our HE base, utilising HE knowledge and expertise to attract new clients to RV
- New Business: Network and prospect across the HE industry at relevant events and conferences to build new relationships with potential Vepple clients
- Marketing: Work with our Head of Marketing and Partnerships to develop and deliver the HE marketing plan
- Strategy: Contribute to the strategic direction of the business through quarterly OKR (Objective Key Result – Strategy) sessions
- Product Development: Responsibility for ensuring clients have a full understanding of all relevant RV products / services and use client feedback and your market knowledge to suggest and help RV improve existing products and develop new products
- Financial Performance: Monitor and maintain a robust sales forecast to allow accurate business and account performance reporting and review product packages, pricing and profitability and actively contribute to the creative solutions we provide, ensuring we remain competitive in the industry
- Conduct: Represent RV professionally at all times in both verbal and written communication but with a friendly, enthusiastic and personal nature
- Knowledge: Be responsible for keeping abreast of sector trends and competitor work and positively influencing RV’s products and services
Key Skills, Experience & General Outlook
To be considered for this role you will need to meet all of the ‘Essential’ items listed in both the ‘Key Skills’ and ‘Experience’ sections. To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you exceed a number of the ‘Essential’ items and meet or exceed a number of the ‘Desirable’ items listed in both the ‘Key Skills’ and ‘Experience’ sections.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to adapt your approach to clients and team members
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly related to numeracy and target forecasting
- Exceptional and wide-ranging communication skills which enable you to build and maintain strong client relationships and confidently represent RV’s people and products
- Be a respected and experienced leader, with the ability to hold senior-level relationships
- Knowledge: Absolute understanding of the sales cycle/process
- The ability to quickly grasp sophisticated client requirements, solve client problems, arrive at a solution and eloquently communicate the solution
- Be a genuine ‘people person’ someone whom people warm to quickly
- The ability to be calm and collected under pressure, in a sales environment but also when dealing with numerous complex tasks
- Be a seasoned public speaker who can represent RV
- Experience of writing content for marketing channels (this isn’t essential, what is more important is the actual insight / viewpoint)
- Experience of working in a sales (or related sales) roles in a senior position for at least 5 years
- Financial: At least 5 years’ experience of working to sales targets of £300k+ or 5 years working with HE marketing departments from the supplier side
- Industry Knowledge: An excellent understanding of digital marketing within higher education and the student recruitment cycle
- Experience of working for an HE institution or working for an HE focussed supplier
- Experience of SaaS/software products sales and account management
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing people and teams of more than three team members
- An insatiable passion for Higher Education
- Inquisitive – always looking for a different way to approach a barrier or problem, able to spot the insight (whether from client or industry) amongst an array of information
- An energetic and positive approach to work
- Determination to achieve sales targets
- Alignment with our company core values
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please visit our website.
Please note: the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.