We are looking for a highly motivated creative self-starter with experience in a range of digital channels to work in our busy Communications Team at the Best Companies Number 1 Housing Association to Work for (2022) Weaver Vale Housing Trust.
The Digital Communications Officer will work alongside Communications Team colleagues to research, plan, create and deliver key communication campaigns and marketing elements to a wide variety of audiences. By working closely with Weaver Vale colleagues, you will develop, implement, track, and optimise digital communication channels and the website to achieve campaign objectives and engage audiences.
This includes social media, digital advertising, campaigns, content design and development, website development and maintenance, specific channel selection with alignment and user experience for relevant audiences
The following experience is needed:
- At least 4 years experience, preferably in charity/public sector.
- Use of Microsoft and creative software such as Canva, Biteable, Adobe.
- Use of website CMS and social media analytics and social media management systems.
- Experience using Mailchimp or similar, to produce engaging e-communications
- Solid experience of managing collaborative relationships at all levels across an organisation.
- Work with key internal colleagues to plan, develop and execute; creative, engaging, lively multi-channel campaigns that directly relate to the Trusts vision, values and corporate strategy and plan objectives, whilst maintaining the proactive/reactive pace of digital communications day to day.
- Work with key internal colleagues to create timely, relevant printed communications to customers of WVHT that fit within the wider communication framework.
- Work with the Communications Team to manage the day to day running of WVHT’s social media accounts, creating content, and managing and implementing the digital content planner ensuring that content delivers creative, impactful communications and engagement activities that increase engagement with trust services.
- Work with the Communications Team to manage the inbound contacts from social media channels using the CRM system ‘Orlo’.
- Manage the Trusts website, including content creation, ensuring effective user experience and functionality.
- Use the appropriate analytics resources for both the website and social media accounts, to report on performance and areas for growth.
- Co-Manage internal communications platforms, including account management, content creation, to improve engagement with colleagues working to achieve the Our People strategy objectives.
- Work with Communication Team colleagues to plan and publish weekly internal staff email newsletters and strategic internal campaigns
- Work with Communication Team colleagues to project manage any Trust internal colleague events.
- Work with the Communication Team to manage administration systems such as the purchase order payment system. We are looking for someone with the following knowledge/skills:
- Excellent multimedia skills, including production of graphics, photographic and video content.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to adapt style and tone of voice to convey the relevant messages accurately and effectively across different channels to different audiences.
- Excellent verbal and people skills that will enable the ‘story’ to be brought to life in communication campaigns.
- Great planning and coordination skills while working on multiple projects simultaneously; able to prioritise and maintain clear communication with internal stakeholders to manage expectations.
- Strong analytical skills to allow a test and learn approach to continually improve campaign performance
- Manage multiple social media accounts via the Trusts chosen media monitoring planning software. Sourcing & creating visual content (video, images, infographics for all communication channels
- To undertake financial tasks on behalf of the Directorate including the processing of invoices on POP, orders, corporate credit card, receipt of deliveries and provide support with budget spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently and to create and sustain successful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.