Founded in 2011, Sundae Communications provides brand experiences and media relations, producing content that’s as creative as the clients we work with.
Working with global brands, international broadcasters as well as independent creative businesses we are the first Northern consultancy to specialise in entertainment and culture. The business has celebrated continued success, now with a portfolio of clients within TV, film, events, festivals and venues working regionally, nationally and internationally.
We are experiencing further growth and so in order to support this we are looking for a bright, creative, self-starting Junior PR and Social Media Exec to join our team.
About the role
Within this role you will work across a range of high profile national and international clients in television and the creative industries. Working across publicity, social media marketing, influencer engagement and content creation, you will be a key player in creating and bringing our clients campaigns to life.
This is a unique role working within a publicity consultancy, covering both Social Media and PR aspects. We are looking for a team player with a strong interest and love for creativity and Public Relations, who will thrive in a small, fast-moving environment.
- Developing great relationships with clients, supporting the team in taking briefs through to completion/delivery
- Managing relationships with media, social and digital contacts for all clients
- Support in devising monthly social campaigns and strategy for television programmes, creative companies, festivals and events
- Support management of social media campaigns; posting, interaction and follower development using tools such as, Sprout Social, Buffer, Hootsuite, Over and Planoly
- Support simple edits to social media assets in Photoshop or InDesign using existing templates
- Support maintaining an organised library of assets for PR and Social Media use
- Support within PR activities across the team where needed, writing and issuing releases, researching projects and staffing events
- Attending campaign events to support the whole team
- Proactively identifying opportunities for positive PR that furthers the aims of our clients and builds on the brand profile
- Keeping on top of social media and digital trends, best practice and new ideas within the industry, across all major social platforms
- Support management of the agency's own social media platforms and webpage
- Input across all the agency’s accounts, across press, social and digital
- Actively contributing to weekly cross-agency planning and idea sessions mapping out both publicity and social media plans and activity
- Produce daily and weekly coverage and campaign reports across all clients
- Creating and distributing monthly strategy and engagement reports for all accounts
Our new Junior PR and Social Media Exec will
- Have great interpersonal skills and be a confident communicator with an interest in PR, publicity, digital and social media
- Show an eye for detail and be able to cope in a high pressured, busy environment
- Have a flexible working approach and ‘can-do’ personality
- Be able to prioritise and deliver multiple projects
- Have an interest and understanding of the full agency client base in relation to the industries we work within
- Be competent using and understanding a range of social media platforms such as; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Hold strong English and IT capabilities
- Have a creative mind and be able to add to ideas to form a campaign concept
- Ability to work proactively and as a team
Your promise to us
- Love Media. Media relations and press office are at the core of our offering, and you’ll be an important part of this.
- Be flexible. This role will involve occasional travel within the UK, evening and weekend work.
- Have fun. We work really hard but find it’s easier if you’re having a good time.
Our promise to you
- Listen to you. We’re looking for someone that will grow with us and help us grow, so we’re interested in your ideas, who you want to work with and how you want to work.
- Train you. Your development is important and we’re looking for an ambitious candidate who wants to learn new skills.
- Be social. We work in the entertainment industry and the culture of our business is friendly and sociable.
- Competitive salary negotiable depending on experience
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free social events
- A friendly working environment with a strong sense of teamwork.
Does this sound like you? If so please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com