We’re looking for a Graphic Designer to join our studio team in Huddersfield. You’ll be part of a multi-talented team of creatives working on content for some of the biggest brands in the UK.
If you’re passionate about graphic design, with an in-depth knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite.
You’ll be working collaboratively with the wider team at Paradigm - with our team of producers to scope and estimate projects, with the Head of Studio to ensure projects are delivered to the highest standards, with our Motion Designer to create assets for movement, and with the rest of the studio team to develop interesting and creative solutions.
The work you do will sit at the core of the brilliant work we deliver at Paradigm.
You will be:
- Creating concepts and visual ideas for our new projects and proposals.
- Designing and creating assets to be animated by our Motion Designer (an understanding of After Effects would help you collaborate with your colleagues).
- Creating digital and print elements to be used in our live streamed shows.
- Continually developing the Paradigm visual identity across our website, social and email channels.
Our main office is in Huddersfield, and as you’ll be collaborating regularly with the rest of the team, you’ll be mainly based from there.
- A high level of technical understanding; you’ll understand the advantages and disadvantages of a range of creative tools, and you’ll understand the technical requirements when designing for a range of different media.
- An inquisitive nature; you’ll be working in a fast paced space and you’ll need to keep abreast of developments in the field to integrate new techniques and technologies into our productions.
- Creativity; there will be opportunities to get involved in setting the creative direction on some of the projects you’re involved with, we’re looking for someone who can bring new and original ideas to the table.
- Ability to take direction; some of our projects will have an established creative style, and you’ll need to be able to pick that up and run with it.
- Team player; we have multiple projects running at all times - sometimes that means chipping in to help your team mates with their projects, as well as knowing when to call on that support yourself.
- An eye for detail; you’ll be working with our producers to make sure our productions go out on brand and without any errors.
- Ability to work to deadline; you’ll work with our producers to establish key milestones in the projects you work on, you’ll need to be able to scope out the requirements of a piece of work and then stick to those timelines.
- Experience; you’ll have been working as a Graphic Designer for at least 5 years, with a rich and varied portfolio of creative design work across a range of brands and mediums.
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience circa £25-35k depending on experience.
- Flexible working options
- 25 days holiday, including an extended break when the office closes for Christmas, plus bank holidays.
- An extra day off for your birthday.
- Auto-enrolment pension with 5% contribution following three-month probation period
- Development plan and training opportunities
- Opportunities to get involved in activities with our charity activity.
- The warm feeling of knowing you’re working for a climate positive company through our participation in the Ecologi scheme.
Who are we?
We use the power of storytelling to create content for brands and businesses who want to move their audiences. We’re film-makers, animators, designers, writers, communication experts and streaming wizards who pride ourselves on producing brilliant work.We solve communication challenges across a wide range of industries and functions, from marketing to internal communications, from brand activations to events, from social content to recruitment. All our work has one thing in common – it’s the result of taking a complex subject and communicating it simply and effectively.
But don’t just take our word for it. We’ve been scored by our clients using The Drum Recommends as one of the top 10 small production companies in the UK and the best for Digital Animation and Corporate Communications. Our goal is to create work that makes a real difference, with people who enjoy the process of creating with us. We always strive to make the most interesting, effective and creative content possible – and have fun while we do it.
Check out some of our work here
- We’re proactive – for our clients, for each other.
- We offer solutions and don’t rest on our laurels.
- We’re fair – we give back to society, pay our partners on time and work hard without missing out on quality time with our families.
- We’re genuine – we take a one-team approach, do what we say we will, and have a great time doing it.
- We’re brilliant – we bring bags of creativity and strive to deliver work we’re proud of.