What could you achieve at an agency with a genuinely game-changing offering that is creating demand from all major brands in sport, esports and gaming?
You could join a fast-growing team that is responsible for building and maintaining Ear to the Ground’s award-winning reputation within the international marketplace.
Help us continue our recent momentum by leading the charge on our pillar marketing activities to drive conversations and create opportunities with world class brands who want to lead culture.
This is a unique chance for an experienced junior manager to take their next step in their career and be part of a growing independent agency
Ear to the Ground is a global creative agency that uses sports, esports and gaming to build culturally powerful brands. Understanding the future of fandom is central to our proposition.
Our entire agency process is built on real-time listening with the new breed of fan. We do this by collaborating with our global network of over 11,000 fans. We call this Fan Intelligence®. You can learn more about Fan Intelligence® with a short film here
We pride ourselves on listening better than anyone and our purpose “To Make the World Listen” is fundamental in everything we do.
2021 was our fifth consecutive year of growth, we have long term partnerships with the likes of PlayStation, Sony Electronics, New Balance, and Coca-Cola.
Ear to the Ground is a place where people grow, develop and thrive. We are proudly independent, not part of a larger conglomerate. At our core, we understand the importance of culture in enabling you to do your best work. Progress is possible for everyone that joins us.
We reward ambition, invest in talent, and encourage you to forge your own path.
Our commitment to listening is felt by our own people too; this is an agency where every voice is heard. Supportive, collaborative, social, and inspiring.
You will benefit from our ‘Work From Anywhere’ policy and we encourage applications from candidates anywhere in the UK.
Our HQ is in Manchester, which you should expect to travel to at least once a month for meetings and events; but otherwise you have the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
As Marketing Manager, you’ll be central to the promotion and growth of the agency. With a minimum of three years’ experience, you’ll be a great communicator and have a good understanding of how the wider marketing mix works together to drive fame, word of mouth and commercial growth.
You’ll be responsible for creating assets that leverage our Fan Intelligence® ‘brand’ through all of our comms and managing external and internal stakeholders to promote work that will stimulate conversation on social and through other digital formats.
You’ll lead the production of the agency’s pillar marketing activity (the Index) and be the brand guardian when it comes to creating content about our award-winning campaigns with some of the biggest brands on the planet.
You will also work with the wider team to deliver the agency’s successful award process and support the new business arm of the team by creating specific marketing collateral to inspire business opportunities.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
As Marketing Manager you will take on the following responsibilities:
● Working within the marketing & new business department to ensure the agency’s pillar marketing activity - the Fan Intelligence Index - is integrated and leveraged throughout every piece of marketing and comms activity
● Maintain Ear to the Ground’s tone of voice across all communication channels - managing external stakeholders on a day to day basis to deliver PR, Digital and Web activity
● Project manage the production, delivery and promotion of the agency’s pillar marketing piece - the Fan Intelligence Index - as well as other marketing collateral and comms
● Proactively grow Ear to the Ground’s social presence and nurture the growing community of prospects, journalists and fans online - driving conversation and identifying potential advocates and opportunities.
● Work with internal stakeholders across Client Services and Creative to deliver the agency’s award process
● Support the New Business function of the team with the creation of specific marketing collateral and content
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for:
● A minimum of three years’ experience working within an agency or brand side
● Digital and / or social experience for a business as a must
● Knowledge of Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube channel. Interest in TikTok and new emerging channels would be a plus.
● Excellent written, communication and presentation skills (essential)
● Excellent project management skills with experience of managing internal and external stakeholders to deliver success
● Knowledge of managing comms campaigns (including social) of regional and /or global accounts, preferably B2B.
● Understanding and experience of how to pull an award entry together
● Strong cultural curiosity and understanding of current trends in sport, gaming and esports
● Understanding of how to pull an award entry together
● Working knowledge of social listening tools
To apply, click the link below