Could you lead a team that brings together the biggest names in sport with some of the biggest global brands to work on award winning, creative campaigns?
This is an opportunity to lead the way at an agency with a game-changing approach to research, fan collaboration and insight.
You will be at the heart of Ear to the Ground’s continued growth, bringing your knowledge and expertise of deftly managing talent, and making the most of influencers.
This is the perfect role for an experienced team leader already working in a Head of Influencer role and looking for a new challenge.
We are the strategic sport and esports creative agency with a model that is unique in our industry. Fan Intelligence® is Ear to the Ground’s global network of 11,000 influential tastemakers and fans. They empower us with real-time insight into what fans want, which we use to create compelling work at the cutting edge of culture.
As the agency that listens better than anyone, we leverage the intelligence of fanbases to solve our clients problems, make the most of their sport and entertainment sponsorships, and ultimately build brands that lead culture. 2021 was our fifth consecutive year of growth, we have long term partnerships with PlayStation, Sony, New Balance, and Coca-Cola.
Ear to the Ground is a place where people grow, develop and thrive.
We are proudly independent, not part of a larger conglomerate. At our core, we understand the importance of culture in enabling you to do your best work. Progress is possible for everyone that joins us. We reward ambition, invest in talent, and encourage you to forge your own path.
Our commitment to listening is felt by our own people too; this is an agency where every voice is heard. Supportive, collaborative, social, and inspiring.
You will benefit from our ‘Work From Anywhere’ policy and we encourage applications from candidates anywhere in the UK. Our HQ is in Manchester, which you should expect to travel to at least once a month for meetings and events; but otherwise you have the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
As Head of Influencer you’ll be overseeing client’s influencer strategy in order to create world-class marketing campaigns for global brands.
- You’ll bring together your creativity and influencer relationship skills along with negotiation and social media skills to ensure that influencer campaigns are effective and well run.
- You’ll oversee a team of Influencer Managers and Executives to deliver all of the influencer strategy on campaigns across the agency.
- In your role you will contribute to the thought leadership that is driving the practice of influencer marketing forward.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Influencer Strategy: Working alongside the Head of Strategy to define and manage the influencer strategy. Defining the right approach for influencers to meet the set objectives.
- Influencer Campaign Analysis: Working alongside the Digital & Performance Director, analyse the end of campaign performance, coming back to the campaign objectives and business goals, and identifying successes and areas for improvement.
- Influencer Management: Oversee the identification and liaise with relevant influencers, lead the negotiations and negotiate fair rates for content, and ensure the relevant agreements are in place.
- Project Management: Oversee the effective management of client campaigns, ensuring they’re delivered on time, to a high standard; communicating with social influencers and platform partners (e.g. Creator IQ / Falcon.IO etc) will be necessary, as well as internal communications, i.e. with the Creative and Paid Media teams
- Thought leadership: Contribute to the thought leadership that is driving the practice of influencer marketing forward.
Skills & Experience
- Confident and experienced at successfully running and developing a big team within an agency or creative business
- At least 6 years of experience in influencer marketing, social media strategy, content marketing or similar with proven success in developing and executing programs that raise brand awareness and create advocacy.
- Ideally proven ability in a Head of Influencer role, but not essential
- Ability to inspire and champion your team
- Passionate about how brands can transform their communities and business through influencer marketing
- A track record of building communities and long-term influencer relationships that result in authentic content and support business goals
- Experience in sports and eSport influencer marketing
- Excellent relationship-builder and a propensity for collaboration
- Very strong written communication (briefs / contracts / copy).
- Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong knowledge of influencer marketing from both a Brand and Direct Response perspective
- Experience leading a social media strategy
- Track record of balancing different types of work and staying on top of the details.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team succeed
- Excellent negotiation and commercial skills
- Both paid and organic social media experience either at an agency or client level
- Brilliant team work skills as well as being able to drive work independently
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Keynote, Google Docs etc.
- Private Medical Insurance & Medical Cash Plan - two different health plans to help you keep a healthy body and mind, and to access the help you need if you're not well.
- Personal Development Coach - book time, anytime with our external development coach to support you through your goals, or help you with challenges you may be facing.
- Work From Anywhere policy - find the patterns of working and places to work from that are best for you to help you work productively and effectively, as well as balance work with everything else in your life.
- Enhance Maternity, Paternity & SPL - packages that go above and beyond to support working parents.
- Mental Health Support inc free counselling - we want to support our teams' mental health and do so though; mental health support pathway, 24/7 employee support helpline, free counselling, Mental Health Ambassadors.
- Many more in our brilliant benefits package.
To apply, click the link below