Summit is a Changemaker in performance marketing and online retailing. For 22 years, we have worked with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to transform their online business, growing their customer base and making them more money from retailing online.
We pride ourselves on our retail experience, business agility, genuine people and our proprietary technology, combining all of these with our performance marketing expertise to drive measurable value for our clients.
As a Senior SEO Content Marketing Manager at Summit, you’ll be overseeing the strategy of blue chip clients whilst managing and supporting the delivery team. With support from fellow Summiteers, you will develop and executive campaigns in line with client objectives, guiding inputs and coaching your team along the way.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Lead your SEO Content delivery team and take responsibility for ensuring great performance in line with client objectives across various platforms.
- Devise the content strategy, own the day-to-day execution and ensure delivery of projects on-time and within budget.
- Prioritise challenges and manage key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Assist your Account Director in developing relationships and maintaining consistent communication with clients.
- Be the main point of contact for the client, ensuring your team are delivering the strategy in line your client’s KPIs and challenging their approach where necessary.
- Support and manage channel execs and managers, assisting and mentoring their development.
- Attend and lead regular client calls to discuss performance and actions.
- Keep up to date with changes in the SEO landscape, adopting new tactics to improve client performance and meet client goals.
- Add value and expertise and gain a clear view of marketing performance.
Summiteers are asked to attend our office in the C4DI complex in Hull, Fruit Market 2 days per week, the rest of the week can be done from home. For the right candidate, we may also consider greater flexibility around office time.
What are we looking for?
Drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach are vital to be effective in this role. You will enjoy being a proactive team player who is motivated, enabling you to manage a diverse and busy workload. You should be able to jump in and execute changes when required, whilst being able to take a step back and lead on solutions for challenges.
Key skills and knowledge include:
- Extensive experience working in a content marketing management position
- Excellent copy writing and language skills and the ability to quality check own work as well as others, with particularly close attention to detail, e.g. grammar and spelling
- Experience feeding back on others’ work as well as advising them on strategic direction
- Extensive experience in successfully executing and amplifying content marketing campaigns
- Strong interest in and knowledge of technical SEO and content marketing best practises
- The ability to present ideas in a clear and confident manner to internal and external clients and colleagues
- A track record of analysing performance issues and opportunities, including implementation of recommendations
- Understanding of how to use Search Trends, Demographic and User-behaviour data to reinforce a content strategy and create content.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using a suite of core SEO performance and analysis tools such as (or similar to): Linkdex, Sitebulb, Screaming Frog and ahrefs
- Tracking and reporting experience with analytics packages such as GA, Adobe or Data Studio
- Experience of using social listening tools to inform strategies
- Ability to build and nurture relationships, both with internal stakeholders and clients
- Communicates and negotiates effectively and persuasively
- Promotes learning and development, both for the delivery team and for themselves
- Is comfortable in both the ‘thinking’ and ‘doing’ aspects of the role, able to step in and help deliver work for other teams when required
- Plans own work effectively
- Sets priorities and manages resources effectively
- Performs even under stressful situations and has a positive influence across the business as a whole
- Experience of working within a fast-paced agency environment and the stresses that can come from working for enterprise-level clients.
What can we offer you?
At Summit, we’re friendly, professional and focused around our people. We look for candidates that embody our core values and strive for greatness. If that’s you, we can offer you progression opportunities within an established performance marketing agency where you’ll always be encouraged to think big.
As a reward for your time and dedication, we will offer you a competitive salary as well as a range of benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per year plus bank holidays (even more if you stick with us)
- Your birthday off every year
- Discounts and benefits platform (from groceries to supercars)
- Flexible working
- £250 per year learn something new
- Free parking in the city centre
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- Royal London pension
- Life assurance
- Office perks
If you are interested in kick-starting your online marketing career, click the link below - we look forward to hearing from you.
Successful candidates must have and be able to evidence their right to work in the UK. No speculative agency CVs please.